CVS Does not post an Official Coupon Policy, but the following email is an email response to a request for their policy. It is dated March, 2010:
Thank you for contacting CVS/pharmacy regarding the use of coupons at our stores. I am able to help you with this. Our coupon policy is not available on our Web site. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
Our registers are set to allow 1 CVS coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per item. Free coupons or “offers at the register” (OAR’s) are unearned and issued to you as a valued member of the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare program. These coupons take the form of “open ended” coupons such as $3 off $15 or a certain dollar amount off a specific item. In any given transaction our registers will allow only one “open ended” coupon per transaction. CVS Extra Buck coupons are earned when you make a qualifying purchase. These print out instantly at the register upon reaching the threshold for the offer. You can use more than one Extra Buck coupon provided the purchase threshold has been met for each offer amount on a per-transaction basis.
In the case where a particular item is on sale for “buy one get one free” (BOGO), you are only allowed to use one manufacturer’s BOGO coupon. For instance, if Revlon lipstick is on sale for BOGO, you can use one manufacturer’s BOGO coupon. You would get both items free and pay any applicable tax. We reserve the right to limit quantities on all items. If our store is running a sale for BOGO, you can use two manufacturer’s coupons for a specific dollar amount off. For example, if Revlon lipstick is on sale at our store for BOGO, you can use two $1.00 off Revlon lipstick manufacturer coupons.
CVS/pharmacy does accept manufacturers’ coupons that have been obtained from manufacturer sponsored and/or authorized Web sites. The coupon should be complete and contain a bar code that can be scanned at the register. If the coupon does not scan, the cashier should politely inform you that we cannot accept your coupon. We do not allow manual overrides at the register for coupons printed from the Internet. CVS/pharmacy will not accept offers printed from unauthorized Internet postings or reproductions, copies, or facsimiles.
We do not accept competitors’ coupons for front store items nor do we match competitors’ sale prices. We feel that our sales and ExtraCare program are comparable if not better than any sales or coupons offered by our competitors. We also do not accept any expired coupons, CVS or otherwise. We do not “double” or “triple” coupons. All coupons must match the product being purchased. We will not accept a coupon for a ‘like’ item. If the item is not listed or pictured on the coupon, we cannot accept it.
CVS will accept the following coupons :
* Manufacturer Coupons (including Printable Coupons)
* Store Coupons (In-Ad, CRTs or Purchase Based Coupons)
* Competitor Rx Coupons (example: a Target coupon for transferred prescription gift card)
* ECBs (CVS Extra Bucks, like Catalina or RR)
You are allowed one manufacturer and one store coupon per item. ECBs are redeemed like a gift card, not a coupon, they may be used in addition to the other 2 coupons.
CVS ExtraCare Bucks
What Are ExtraCare Rewards?
* Rewards are called Extra Bucks that you can earn at any CVS/pharmacy store or online when you use your ExtraCare card.
How Do I Earn Extra Bucks Rewards?
* Earn 2% back with every purchase in-store and online at CVS/pharmacy. *
* Earn 1 Extra Buck for every 2 prescriptions purchased in-store and online at CVS/pharmacy. **
How Do I Get My Extra Bucks Rewards?
Learn more about ExtraCare, and get the extras you deserve.
* Every 3 months your Extra Bucks will print on your store register receipt, or visit CVS/pharmacy online to print your Extra Bucks.
* Spend your Extra Bucks at any CVS/pharmacy location or online the next time you shop!
What other ways can I save when I shop in-store with my ExtraCare card?
* Get instant savings on items featured in our weekly store circular ads.
* Earn even more Extra Bucks on select brands advertised in our weekly ads. Your Extra Bucks will print on your receipt immediately following your qualifying purchase(s).
What Other ExtraCare Rewards Benefits Can I Get?
* Additional special offers print on your store receipt frequently throughout the year.
* Receive special savings exclusively at CVS/pharmacy when you sign up for email offers.
* The more you use your ExtraCare card, the more rewards you will receive.