I have to confess the inside of our refrigerator is a bit on the messy and gross side! Things just have a way of getting, well.. LOST in there! Sometimes I discover things that are no longer even recognizable as food! This was the reason that I was more than happy to try out the Oransi Fridge Air Purifier!
If you doubt me then just take a look at this photo (you can see the Oransi towards the Middle):
Oransi Fridge Air Purifier is designed to eliminate food odors in your refrigerator by sterilizing your refrigerator once every hour. It works to kill bacteria, reduce food spoilage and prevent mildew. The unit is only 4” high so it will fit just about anywhere (a great feature for those of us who have space limitations). I thought it looked nice too – much more attractive and space saving than the box of baking soda that we normally keep in there.
The unit runs on 2 AA batteries that to last up to 90 days. It is very simple to use – just turn it on and it will run for 30 minutes and then to save battery power it will reset itself and run for 5 minutes every 2 hours.
Here are the top 10 features of the Oransi Fridge Air Purifier as listed on their website:
1. Save money – for starters there are no replacement filters and nothing to clean. The air purifier uses 2 AA batteries that require replacement approximately every 90 days. Built-in micro processor controls the operation of the air purifier so it will cycle on and off to save battery life.
2. Silent – no fans.
4. Effective in the removal of odors and bacteria to keep your refrigerator smelling fresh and your food fresher.
5. Conveniently fits anywhere in your refrigerator.
6. Attractive neutral color and cool contemporary design.
7. Easy operating instructions: Turn it on and Freshen your refrigerator.
8. Patented Piezo-electric technology: allows for a high negative ion output to freshen your refrigerator without the harmful side effects of ozone that is found in standard ionizers.
9. Safety: The Ionic Fridge air purifier has received safety certifications from GS and CE as well as the RoHS lead free directive. Made of durable fire-resistant ABS materials. Tested for ozone production by ITI (Industrial Research Technology Institute) and found to be 0.011 ppm which is 78% below FDA limits.
10. Operating costs: Ionic Fridge purifier average battery costs: $1/month.
I thought the unit worked pretty well overall. It took about 24 hours before I started to notice any real difference, but it did help the refrigerator smelled fresher. I liked the size and shape of it as well and had no trouble squeezing it into our overcrowded refrigerator. This little gadget is a great idea, works well and I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a safe and non-toxic method of freshening their refrigerator.
You can purchase the unit directly from Oransior from Amazon.com. The price is $29.99 and shipping is free.
Oransi would like to offer a Fridge Air Purifier to one of my readers to try out as well and I’ll be running this giveaway through Rafflecopter. You will have 3 options to win – one mandatory and two bonus entries:
1. Mandatory Entry Requirement: Visit Oransi’s Website and leave a comment below telling me what new green home product from Oransi they’d like to try next.
2. “Like” Dashing for Deals on Facebook.
3. Follow Dashing for Deals on Twitter.
I am using Rafflecopter for this giveaway so make sure to click “I did this” after you complete the required tasks (otherwise Rafflecopter won’t know you did it and the entry won’t count).
This giveaway will end at the end of the day on Tuesday, November 2nd. The winner will be drawn through Rafflecopter (using Random.org). I will email them the next day. The winner must respond within 48 hours or an alternate will be chosen. Good luck everyone!
*Don’t forget to check for more giveaways here.
I was given an Oransi Fridge Air Purifier for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own. You can read my disclosure statement here.