I have a new skin care product to tell you all about. RevitaShape from Dermavant labs is an Anti-Cellulite Skin Toning Cream that works to smooth out and firm our skin. The folks at Dermavant are so sure that you will like this product that they offer a money back guarantee if you don’t notice smoother skin within six weeks.
RevitaShape claims to produce smoother skin in as little as two weeks and minimize the appearance of orange peel textured skin up to six weeks. The product is formulated to promote firmness and elasticity while slimming and toning those problem areas we all have. They accomplish this by through a special formulation of dimple-fighting ingredients as follows:
- Caffeine – a natural anti-inflammatory agent and can help reduce swelling beneath the skin caused by herniated connective tissue, thus helping to minimize the cause of cottage cheese dimples.
- Glaucine -An oil derived from the horned poppy flower, glaucine has anti-inflammatory effects similar to caffeine. Glaucine may help decrease water retention in the skin, while helping to improve skin firmness for a more even appearance.
- Bladderwrack Extract – A marine algae, bladderwrack removes excess fluids that become trapped in the layers of the skin.
- Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract – diuretic and anti-inflammatory agent, producing effects similar to caffeine when applied to the skin.
- L-carnitine – An amino acid involved in the metabolism of fat, L-carnitine can help breakdown lipids (or fats) beneath the skin surface, thus helping to minimize the quantity of available subcutaneous fat that may later herniate into the connective tissue.
- Coenzyme-A – Coenzyme-A is involved in the synthesis and oxidation of fatty acids, and produces similar effects to L-carnitine.
- Bupleurum Falcatum Extract – One of the most commonly used herbs in Chinese medicine, Bupleurum Falcatum activates lipolysis to break down stored fat. Bupleurum Falcatum also increases Cyclic-AMP, an enzyme involved in the breakdown of fat.
- Vitamin C – A key antioxidant, Vitamin C improves circulation and aids in collagen synthesis.
- Retinyl Palmitate – A powerful form of Vitamin A, Retinyl Palmitate helps firm and tighten skin.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin-E) – Essential for healthy skin, Vitamin E neutralizes free radicals and improves circulation.
That is a pretty impressive set of ingredients and I was anxious to give it a try on my own skin. The cream comes in a six ounce tube. The directions say to massage it into clean, dry skin in the morning and evening hours, which I did. I used it twice daily for about four weeks on my leg and thigh area (the area most affected by cellulite). So, did it work? Yes, for the most part it did work, but with a few notations that I’ll talk about next.
I started noticing smoother skin within a few days, but it was not a permanent difference. I quickly discovered that my skin looked best within the first couple of hours of applying the product. I suspect it is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of some of the key ingredients, mainly caffeine. It is well known that caffeine can boost circulation and help reduce inflammation (try tea bags on puffy eyes), but it is also known that the affects are temporary and I suspect this is exactly what happened in my case.
Now don’t get me wrong. This IS a good product and they do not claim it to permanently cure cellulite. It does in fact reduce the appearance of cellulite and smooth the skin just as they claim. What it does not do is reduce it permanently. I would suspect that the time limit would be different for everyone depending on the severity of the cellulite and the body’s response level to the anti-inflammatory ingredients. So would I recommend it? Yes, over-all I think I would purchase it, especially if I wanted to smooth out my skin for a short term period of time – a special event or vacation.
It is important to note that I am not any type of expert on skin care and make no health claim to this product. You can read a lot more about RevitaShape’s claims and ingredients at the RevitaShape Website where it is also available for purchase.
The folks at RevitaShape would like to give a 6 ounce tube of RevitaShape to ONE of my readers as well. You will have up to five opportunities to win (one required simple entry and up to four bonus entries). This is a Rafflecopter drawing so be sure and click the appropriate button after each entry (so it will count). I’ll draw a winner (via Random.org). The contest will end at 11:59:00 p.m. on August 17th and I’ll draw the winner and email them the next day. The winner will have 48 hours to reply to my email or an alternate winner will be drawn. Good Luck Everyone!
I received a tube of RevitaShape for the purpose of this review and no other compensation was received. All opinions are my own. You can read my Disclosure Policy here.